Post: REGISTERED MANAGER
Accountable: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Location: Head Office, Redbank House, 4 St Chads Street,Cheetham, Manchester,
Hours per week: 39 hours per week (usually Mon-Fri, between 9.00am-5.00pm. However, flexible working is necessary and occasional evening and weekend work may also be required).
Holiday Entitlement: as per contract
The postholder will oversee management on key service development and delivery from beginning to end and will plan and deliver projects within budget, acquiring the resources and coordinating the efforts of others in order to deliver projects according to plan. Will be directly accountable to the Director of Operations and to support the role of the Director. Responsibility for the management and development of the Services, including the staff teams, practice, budget, resources and the welfare of service users. Have responsibility for ensuring that all practices are developed and performed within the organisational policies and procedures and the legislative framework pertaining to learning disabilities and mental health.
- To perform the core functions of the job role.
- To be the registered manager for identified services.
- Support the Director of Operations in all aspects of service delivery
- To engage effectively with the service users and stakeholders.
- To liaise effectively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- To have the willingness to explore, in a non-defensive manner, areas needing development.
- To produce excellent quality reports/written work.
- Taking due regard of legislation regulation and organisational policies, develop,
implement and monitor systems which ensure standards are achieved to maximise
a high quality of care and delivery of services.
- To have excellent time management and attendance.
- To meet agreed targets and objectives.
- To have excellent general and overall conduct and presentation.
- To carry out all tasks with professionalism and in accordance with Organisational policies particularly those on Equal Opportunity and Confidentiality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Proactively manage changes in the project, identify potential crisis points, and devise contingency plans and solutions.
- Resolving issues and conflicts which may a raise.
- To liaise effectively with Senior Managers and feedback to the DoO areas of improvement with time framed action plans.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- To be a part of investigations and the disciplinary process.
- To undertake initial assessments of new potential service users and projects.
- To line manage the Project Managers and to ensure that they are fully supported and accountable for their work including day to day management of the services, recruitment, induction, appraisal and performance management.
- To plan and review the work of the staff teams.
- To ensure that all staff and services have access to appropriate training.
- To ensure that best practice is followed in all aspects of the delivery of services.
- To liaise with Director of Operations on the on-going resource requirement of the services.
- To support recruitment events and deliver Skills for Care training to new inductees.
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations and Finance Manager devise budgets for each service.
- Contribute to the management and monitoring of budgets to achieve efficient and effective use of resources and delivery of a high quality service.
- Develop and implement a successful Service Development strategy to improve the quality of community services and grow income.
- Contribute to the strategic direction and development of the service, consulting and working with others to produce proposals and plans as required.
- To be part of the development of services that could include leisure services.
- Secure major new relationships with other organisations and partners by engaging with them at all levels and being creative in developing projects that meet both stakeholders and the organisations objectives.
- Devise strategies for networking, approaching and developing relationships with new and existing partners.
- Accountable for the quality assurance of each service.
- To be the accountable person for complaints and compliments.
- To be responsible for the management and storage of all service user records, including the setting up and maintenance of a registry and archive system.
- To be responsible for data protection registration and management, ensuring the organisation is compliant and up-to-date with data protection legislation.
- To review and update administration systems as and when required.
Health & Safety
- To ensure compliance with Health & Safety legislation.
- To meet targets and deadlines according to current work-plans and standards.
- To work towards the organisation’s mission and values within current policies and good practice.
- To attend meetings as required and participate in and deliver other training and events.
- To take part in the recruitment and selection process.
- To take part in the on call service.
- To keep up to date technically on all relevant matters.
- To work with the highest regard to safety and to minimise risk, taking responsibility for the welfare and safety of staff, volunteers and public in contact with the organisation.
- To take on other tasks and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Director of Operations.
Post: REGISTERED MANAGER
Accountable: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
· A positive creative thinker with skills to develop new initiatives and contribute to the strategic plan of the organisation
· Thorough knowledge of managing social care services.
· Demonstrable experience in developing in-depth understanding of an organisation’s work to communicate effectively both internally and externally
- Diplomatic and persuasive with ability to network with, and influence, senior people both internally and externally
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Registered Managers Award and
· NVQ Level 4 in Leadership and Management or
· QCF Level 5 Management in Health and Social Care
· Evidence of continuing professional development
· Previous line management experience
· Previous experience of working within a small, close-knit team
· Evidence of a significant contribution to the management of a major initiative or change process
· Experience of work within the voluntary sector particularly within social care
· Experience of working in services for adults with a learning disability and or mental health issues
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability and drive to promote the values of the organisation across the staff team
- Ability to work in an organised and efficient manner
- Ability to manage own and others workload effectively to meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to devise, implement and maintain clear and logical administrative systems
- Flexibility to meet the needs of the service as it develops
- Ability to work professionally with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to represent in a positive and professional manner
- A positive problem solving approach with the ability to focus on key issues quickly and clearly
- Good leadership skills and work well within a team and independently
- Good communicator at all levels